Now that your organisation understands the importance of social, you decide to put in place a social media policy. You need to educate your employees on how to use Social Media and what are the implications for the company. Your policy needs to be comprehensive but not too complex.
Shannon Johnson has written a great article explaining how to craft a social media policy that is useful. The 7 key elements are:
- Identify the Purpose
- Sync with Established Corporate Principles
- Get Approval from Legal, IT, HR and the Executive Team
- Write in Plain English
- Conform to Your Company Culture
- Make it as Brief as Possible
- Direct Employees to More Information
Here are some additional useful resources.
- Great article by Jeff Cohen: Social Media Policy is the Foundation of Employee Education
- Ebook: The Building blocks of a Social Media Policy
- Salesforce.com decided to share its internal training by posting the video on Youtube.
Hope you will find the material useful.